The 24-Hour Nurse Helpline is designed to help members become more informed about their healthcare. The Nurse Helpline is a 24/7 confidential telephone service that allows members to ask questions and receive information about their health, illnesses and medications. There is no cost to use the Helpline.
Members have unlimited access to registered nurses via a toll-free number 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. These nurses are specially trained to offer prompt, confidential medical counseling to help members make informed decisions about their health and the medical care they receive. However, our nurses do not diagnose or provide treatment.
The services include:
• Toll-free, confidential availability to registered nurses 24
hours a day.
• Guidance and information for dealing with common ailments.
• Explanations on what to expect during medical tests.
• Help from a registered nurse who can answer questions regarding:
• Diagnostic and surgical procedures
• A recently diagnosed medical condition
• Prescription and over the counter medication information